Amaretti Chocolate Cake, made with Premium Belcolade Chocolate
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup BEELCOLADE dark chocolate
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup baby amaretti cookies (about 2 ounces)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 large eggs
- Ghirardelli Sunrise Unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan the nonstick spray. Refrigerate.
- Microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds, for about 1 minute.
See our easy melting chocolate instructions.
- Combine the almonds and cookies in processor. Pulse until the almonds and cookies are finely ground.
- Transfer the nut mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the grated orange peel and pulse briefly, until incorporated.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time. Blend until the eggs are incorporated.
- Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend again.
- Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate.
- Pulse until blended. Clean the sides of the bowl. Blend again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the center puffs and a tester (toothpick) inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a platter. Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.