S’mores Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
A fun twist on traditional campfire S’mores, but no campfire is required to make these tasty cupcakes. Topped with a thick layer of chocolate ganache and real marshmallows, which gives these an authentic s’mores flavor.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 1/2 Tbsp graham flour (You can find it in the health food section of the grocery store)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows
- 2/3 cup of Gourmet Belcolade Milk or Dark Chocolate, whichever you prefer, we used dark.
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, graham flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together butter, brown sugar and honey until pale and fluffy. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 paper-lined muffin cups, each cup should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven 21 - 24 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Allow muffins to cool completely before topping with ganache and toasted marshmallows.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Combine Belcolade gourmet chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
For the Toasted Marshmallows:
- Place oven rack two levels below oven broiler and preheat oven to low-broil. Generously butter a cookie sheet as well as a silicon or rubber spatula, set spatula aside.
- Align the 12 marshmallows in a single layer several inches apart from each other so they don't stick together. Place cookie sheet in oven and toast marshmallows until golden, rotating pan as needed to evenly toast marshmallows (this may take only a few seconds).
- Once golden, immediately remove from oven and use a buttered spatula to scoop and place 1 large marshmallow on each cupcake.
To Assemble the Cupcakes:
Spread about 2 1/2 tsp thick chocolate ganache over each cooled cupcake, followed by toasted marshmallows.