Dark Chocolate Truffle Ganache dusted in Cocoa Powder made with Belcoalde
Makes about 30 truffles.
- 1-pound bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups good-quality unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Heat chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until mixture is firm but still spoonable, about 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a very small (about 1-inch diameter) ice cream scoop (or a melon baller), drop balls of chocolate mixture onto the lined sheet. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Put cocoa in a large bowl. With cocoa-dusted hands, roll chocolate balls one at a time until smooth. Drop into cocoa; roll to coat.