Easy Chocolate Melting Steps
Easy steps to melt our chocolates: These step by step easy melting techniques can be used for any chocolate: dark, milk or white. You don’t need to chop the chocolate because our wafers and chips are ready to melt.
Method 1: The Microwave: using the microwave makes melting chocolate very easy. This is the best technique to avoid chocolate seizing since there are no water or steam involved.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds on medium power.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, stir using a spatula.
- Repeat step 2 until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
Method 2: The Double Boiler or “Bain Marie”: perhaps the most popular way to melt chocolate.
If you don’t have a double boiler here’s a simple substitute you can make yourself; you’ll need a medium-size pot and an ovenproof glass bowl that fits inside the pot without touching the bottom of the bowl.
- Fill the double boiler with water or pour 2 inches of water into the pot.
- Heat the water. Do not boil to prevent seizing the chocolate (when the chocolate comes in contact with water or steam while melting it will become thick and grainy instead of smooth and glossy)
- Fit the bowl over the top of the pot, making sure it does not touch the bottom of the pot.
- Place the chocolate in the bowl.
- Stir till melted and smooth, then remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes before using.